In the mail today was my Evil Shades order. I placed it..oh I'll say 3 days ago. I'm too lazy right now to figure out exactly when I placed the order- but I do know the shipping was incredibly fast. So, in your standard manila bubble mailer was a cool plastic goodie bag with my eyeshadow, lip gloss, and 3 sample pigments in little ziplock baggies ( Heartless Queen, Panic, and Double Barrel) inside. I also received a really neat purple heart shaped sucker and a couple business cards. This is the first order I've received WITH a business card and I thought that was a great way to promote the business.
Evil Shades is a small Indie website that I heard about while stalking the web for mineral eyeshadow. I was drawn to it because of the eyeshadow called "Zombie." So, OF COURSE, I had to try them out. I was excited enough to fire off a quick email to Andrea Miller the Owner of Evil Shades with a couple of questions. Her response was incredibly fast and informative. 100% satisfied with her customer service. The website is neat, but it was a little difficult for me to find exactly what I was looking for- i.e. Zombie by itself. Once I did find the separate eyeshadow listings it was smooth sailing. I found a listing to Create Your Own Mini Set which included 3 eyeshadow (3 grams of product in a 5 Gram jar, this allows enough room to avoid spillage.) and 1 lipgloss (but you can mix and match) for $8.00. $8.00!! I couldn't pass that up. So, I ordered Zombie (no brainer- no pun intended), Coffin, Acolyte (Illusion Eyeshadow), and the lip gloss in Guilty as Sin.
Zombie: A soft marroon color with sparkle. A nice crease color.
Coffin: A coopery salmon color. I love this one!
Acolyte: An intense green with holographic sparkle- another very nice color.
Guilty As Sin: Soft Rose Colored gloss with sparkle. I'm on the fence about this.
- The colors are all amazing. Andrea mixes her own shades and they are super pigmented. I adore sparkle and the shades are full of it!
- Shipping was quick and the extra goodies in the bag were a plus.
- I found the "Red" I've been searching for in Heartless Queen (free sample in ziplock) and will be purchasing a full size of that shade.
- The names of the shades are listed on the bottom of each jar.
- Andrea has her mission statement listed on the site: CLICK HERE!
- She has a shade called ZOMBIE! I'll work on her to change it to "Makeup Zombie." YEAH RIGHT! ;)
- The jars were not exactly what was pictured on the website. I guess I was expecting the strandard round jar with black or clear lid.
- I'm really on the fence about the gloss. While it's a nice color and has a great smell- it feels a little slimy and (for lack of a better word) gritty on my lips. I'm assuming I'm feeling the glitter. I'll have to play around with it a little more.
- No invoice in the package- BUT that doesn't bother me because I prefer my invoices emailed to me.
- No sifters. I'm not a sifter gal, but some of you might be.
- I'm a little saddened by this. But as soon as I opened the first jar, it exploded all over me. Bits of pigment were stuck in the "teeth" of the lid so when I opened it, it went everywhere. Each jar was like that. I actually lost a bunch of product trying to get the lids open to review the shades. I might end up changing them to different jars. I had to end up blowing away the excess mineral on the edges of the jars before opening them. This also means I won't be storing them upside down like I do all my other minerals. At least the lid is clear so I can still see the color.
Left to Right: Guilty As Sin, Coffin, Zombie, Acolyte