Happy hump Day Zombies!
(I just like saying that!)
It's been a while since I've done an indie makeup company review and I'm a little excited! Today I am reviewing "Little Mouse Ears" an Ireland based indie makeup company which hosts an array of products from eyeshadow to smell good tarts and jewelry; lip scrubs to solid scents. I was lucky enough to receive a variety of the products to review for you today.
Please be sure to check out the review under the jump!
I was most excited when I opened the package to see these! The skully earrings are part of the Rainbow Funk collection and are called "Born to Run." All things red, black, skull, and earring are winners in my book! You can see Sarah (the owner) also included a smaller pair of simple turquoise and white earrings. So pretty! Both pairs are quite sturdy as well.
Ok, now I was stoked about these bad boys next. I'm on a pretty big nail polish kick and the more unique, the better. Each one of these fit the bill! Do you SEE the glitter in Leviathan?! I love Franken polishes, yes I do.
I had a volunteer help me swatch them! I love them ALL!
Next up, lippies and eyeshadow! Samples come in a standard ziplock baggies and the lip product packaging seems to differ. I prefer the twist up tubes and the squeeze tubes.
Swatches of the lippies. Currently nameless needs a name! Any suggestions? It's a light mauve with a subtle gold shift.
Eyeshadow! *I was sent a small palette of 4 eyeshadow but it shattered in transit so I did not include it in this post (I was SO bummed, but it's a long trip!) Also the 3 small pressed shadows were not included, and I failed and didn't swatch them, but plan to use them in an upcoming post.*
A yummy lemon lip scrub! I haven't tried this yet, but will do a separate review on it as I do.
And, look at these adorable Hyperspace Candles, called "Invader Tarts". Sarah sent me a variety of scents: Fruit Loops, Lime, Pina Colada, Lemon, and Fresh Cut Roses. Each scent is light yet fragrant. And the design of the tart is just too cute.
Odds and ends:
I also received a full sized solid scent in Sunset, which is in a tin just like the lip scrub. And a sample of "Dragon's Blood" in a clam shell. Of all of these products, the solid scents just weren't for me.
- I love love love Little Mouse jewelry. Every time I browse the website, I droll over the earrings and necklaces. The earrings are sturdy, yet lightweight and super fun and colorful. I'd make a haul on earrings alone if I could.
- The nail polish is super fun, super sparkly, and so up my alley. I love that Sarah creates her own custom blends, and frankens with glitter. The little sample sized bottles are perfect for those who want to try out a few different colors.
- The eyeshadow is gorgeous. I was sent several matte shades, and they really are matte and SUPER pigmented and blendable. DVD and Mouse are my favorites of the lot, followed by Gibbs...but, you all know I love my blurples!
- I wasn't blown away by the lip products. I think it was simply because of the scents. It seems as if all the scented products in the package culminated and created a mish-mash of scent in the tubes which transferred to my lips, if that makes sense. The balms weren't extremely pigmented and were a little too "slick" for my liking. I did like the consistency of the lip balm in the squeeze tube over the others however.
- How can you go wrong with little Invader candle tarts? The scents are fun and lovely. I can't wait to burn them for full effect.
- The solid scents are last on my list. I just think the two scents I received aren't "me" scents, so I won't base much on that. The were packaged nicely.
What do you think? See anything you can't live without?
*products in this post were sent to me for review purposes. All opinions are 100% my own and honest.*