It's been a while since I've done an "about me" post, so I thought I'd give it a go. The lovely Phyrra, tagged me last week and I'm just not getting around to doing it myself. Let's jump right in!
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus eleven questions for the people you have tagged to answer.
3. Choose eleven people and link them in your tag.
4. Email the person to let them know that they’ve been tagged.
5. No tag backs.
6. You legitimately have to tag.
1. Are there any colors of eye shadow or lipstick that you just won’t wear?
I am NOT a fan of brown, in any form. It just does not look good on me, and it flashes me back to mid-school when that's the ONLY color I would wear, cause it was the *it* thing in the 90's. Not for me at all.
2. What’s your latest makeup obsession?
Currently, I'm seriously into nail polish/nail art. I have so much eyeshadow, so many different shades of lipstick, but my nail polish collection is smaller and needs some love. I'm most proud of this mani.
3. What’s your favorite color for spring this year?
Hot pink baby! Hot pink, hot coral, hot fuchsia. Those are the colors/hues, I think of for Spring. And for my eyes, teals, purples, and blues.
4. Do you have a favorite flower?
I adore multicolored Tulips.
5. What’s one product that was hyped up that let you down?
This is a tough one. It's been a few months now since something has totally blown me away or let me down as I haven't really been purchasing makeup like I use to. I think what happens more to me is that I get really excited about a certain color and get it home (or in the mail) and it's nothing like I expected. That bums me out.
6. What’s your favorite hair color on you?
Blonde. It's been years since I've been blonde, and it is fun! I dyed my hair "chocolate cherry" about 11 years ago and since we ALL know that red is so hard to get out of hair, it was a long process to get me back to blonde. I don't think I'll ever dye the upper portion of my hair again, since it was so hard to get back to this. But I'll still play around with the lower (underneath) portion of my hair.
7. What’s your favorite pet?
My kids. Seriously.. lol I don't have any pets as of now, since we're in the depths of young children. But eventually, we'll get a family dog or two.
8. What is your favorite genre of books to read?
I love to read murder mysteries and books with substance and meaning. I'm also a huge sucker for History and Documentaries. (Though, I mostly watch TV shows about the latter.) I have very little time to read, so when I do, I want the book to move me.
9. If you were asked to make your dream makeup or nail polish collection, what would be in it? (colors, finishes, products) How would you name it?I would have an entire "Glitter Zombie" collection made up. The brighter, louder, glittery-er (?), the better. I'm a sucker for duo-chromes and would want each color to have some sort of color shift. I'd want my collection to be eyeshadow and lipstick- lovely blues, purples, corals, oranges, teals, pinks, greens, blacks, etc.
10. If you could only pick one foundation to wear, what would it be?
I don't experiment much with foundation, as I don't wear much. I'm open to ideas though. *hint hint*
11. What’s one makeup item/collection that you skipped that you regret missing?
MAC's "Candy Yum Yum" lipstick. Of all of the makeup out there, and even though I have a close "dupe" to this color, I'm bummed I missed out. I'm also bummed that it costs and arm and a leg to purchase from the scalpers on Ebay.
I’m tagging the following people: Please only play along if you want to. NO PRESSURE! (Do it!)
Robyn: Stay Beautiful
Peachy (Jill): Just Peachy
Andrea (Evil Angel): Black nail polish and lip gloss
Jessica: Better of Redhead
Lady Bethezda: Bethezda's Preoccupations
Lisanne: Lisanne blogt
Emily: Makeup Fancy
Kristin: Manicured Monkey
The Girls: Eyegraffti
Olgiepolgie:Makeup & things by olgiepolgie
And my questions to you are:
- How old were you when you first became interested in makeup/nail polish?
- What sparked your interest in makeup for the first time?
- Where are you from and give a little insight to the area.
- What's your favorite food/drink?
- Tell us a little about your family/background?
- What's your favorite or go to beauty product?
- What's one makeup trend these days you don't like?
- How/where do your store your makeup/ nail polish stash?
- What do you love most about Spring?
- Tell us something about you we may not know.
- If you could get ONE beauty item for free for the rest of your life, what would it be?