Today, I have a review for you on the Black Onyx skin care line from Lionesse Gem. When asked to review these products, I was able to choose from 5 *precious gem* inspired skin care lines by Lionesse. I chose Black Onyx due to it's protective properties.
*I agreed to the review before seeing the actual price of each product as the *Gem* lines had not yet been released. After seeing the price of each product, I'm a bit on the fence about these.
What is Lionesse Gem?
Lionesse Gem offers it all to you; from pearls to sapphires, amber to black onyx, and even diamonds. So you can indulge yourself in opulence while spoiling your skin. Skin care products energized with the extravagance of gemstones make you feel like a queen. Inspiring these feelings in women is what brought about the birth of Lionesse Gem. Lionesse Gem wants all women to feel confident and strong in their own skin. We are all about inspiring women by helping them achieve empowerment from the outside in. We can apply makeup to change our looks and feel more confident but what are we left with when we wash it all away? Unlike makeup, great skin is forever, a reminder with every look in the mirror of the strong woman within. Choose Lionesse Gem and bring out your inner royal with glowing skin.
Let's start with what comes in the Black Onyx collection- image and descriptions per website.
What is Black Onyx?
Black Onyx is a gemstone that has been said to have a powerful protective energy. While we can’t promise to repel negative forces, you will be amazed with the improvements in your skin when you use the Black Onyx Collection. Formulated with cutting edge anti-aging ingredients, you’ll forget the past and love the skin of the present.
Black Onyx Serum: $600.00
Black Onyx Silk: $600.00
It’s not black magic but that can be our little secret. With this luxurious gel-cream, your skin will immediately feel firmer, yet soft with the help of potent ingredients such as Vitamin B (Panthenol), Aloe and Vitamin E. Younger, more elegant looking skin can be achieved today.
Black Onyx Cream: $800.00
Behold ageless skin! The rich yet non-greasy cream reduces the appearance of aging with its advanced ingredients. Formulated with Collagen, Sodium Hyaluronate, Vitamin A (Retinyl Palmitate) and Vitamin C (Ascorbyl Palmitate) this cream will improve the appearance of inelastic skin.
Full set: $3000.00
The products came packaged in this fancy boxes.
Directions, ingredients and a little bit of information about each product is nicely printed on the back of the boxes.
I like that the bottles have a pump applicator.
I have been able to test out each product for the last few weeks to give a pretty good account as to how I feel about them and how well they perform. (For the price, I'd hope they are filled with magic.)
- Each product is lightly scented. There is absolutely NO overpowering scent or smell which I find to be a pleasant surprise for a face product.
- Product feels light on the skin.
- The Black Onyx Mask feels amazing once applied to the skin. It has a warming effect that soothes the skin and feels amazing. My face felt so soft the day after use!
- The idea of different gem stone themed facial products is fun and I like the way they broke down each collection with different descriptive meanings.
- Ingredients in each product are beneficial to the skin
- Not one of the products made my skin feel oily or greasy after use
- No animal testing
- Paraban free .
- Since using the Black Onyx mask just last night, paired with the Black Onyx serum, my skin already feels healthier and softer this morning. There is also a healthy glow to my cheeks.
- Hefty price tag. I personally would never spend $1,000 on a face mask or $600.00 on a face cream.
- Packaging is big and bulky
- The ingredients/directions are not printed directly on each jar
- My skin freaked and broke out for a few days after using these products repeatedly and consistently for a week. I am hoping this was just due to using a new skin care product and that these products were drawing the "bad" out of my skin.
It is going to take me a few months to make a concrete assessment on whether these products are worth $3,000.00 as a set. I will be doing a new post in the coming months with an update. I also update my Instagram frequently @makeupzombie so be sure to check me out there too!
Do you like the idea of gem themed skin care? Would you purchase any of these products?
*products in this post were sent by Lionesse Beauty Bar for review and consideration purposes only. All opinions are my own and 100% honest.